Nerdy confession time…I love setting goals for the New Year. A new year is a clean page open to endless possibilities and opportunities.
This is my favorite time of year.
Because I think that writing down goals and having accountability are both helpful in achieving goals, I want to share my personal goals for 2017 here. These don’t include my business or blog goals, which I go into more detail about in this post.
I’ve divided my goals into categories for the first time this year, which I hope will help me achieve balance in all areas of my life.
- Practice self-care more frequently
- Read 20 books
- Find a balance between being content and wanting more
- Be more spontaneous
- Balance my time better
- Build my collections
- Complete NaNoWriMo (again!)
- Learn to crochet
- Donate $50 per month to charity
- Try microlending
- Be kinder to the earth
- Cultivate a spirit of love, devotion, and compassion toward my fellow human beings
- Perform 100 acts of kindness
- Use food, herbs, vitamins, and essential oils to improve my health
- Weight: 135lbs.
- Workout 3 times per week
- Grow my hair long
- Give up daily caffeine consumption
- Daily spiritual practice – prayer and meditation
- Read mythologies and spiritual books from many cultures
Home and Family
- Have a baby
- Scrapbook the year
- Build up our pantry
- Fix up our apartment
- Have 3 social engagements per month
- Travel somewhere new
- German – C1 level
- Spanish – B1 level
- French – B1 level
- Chinese – A2 level
- Save a specific amount in our emergency fund
- Pay off all debt
- Increase my income to a specific amount per month
- Side hustle when possible
These are the bare bones of my goals. I go into more detail in my Passion Planner, which is designed for goal setting. When possible, always write an action plan for your goals to solidify what you need to do to achieve them.
What are you working on in 2017?